Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Kidding Notes: Day 142 Annabelle, 143 Lilly

The due dates approach, and I am on high alert.

Both girls have a slight discharge, but nothing too noticeable. I'll be darned if I can feel ligaments despite my best efforts, so that means that when they loosen I won't know it. Ugh. Yesterday Lilly was laying down by herself at the far end of the pen which is highly unusual, but I'm thinking it might only have been because it was shady and in line of a sweet lake breeze. Today she seems absolutely uncomfortable, and I might just be seeing things but her udder looks shinier, and her right side (the side with the kids) seems to have dropped. She is still nibbling at her hay, though, so I am just trying to relax. My schedule allows me to be home, so I can check on her and Annabelle every few hours. It will be fine, right?

The baby monitor will be on again throughout the night. Last night I woke up a dozen times, trying to analyze what the goats were doing when I heard sounds. Tonight will likely be the same.

It is so dry but the temps are a comfortable 70s with a breeze. I have spent the day weeding both the foundation beds and the pond garden, and it all looks so beautiful. I also watered all the trees we put in over the last two years as we have had no real rain in weeks. I'll take the moderate temps, though. I'm just trying to stay busy and productive because I know once we have kids I will never want to leave the barn :)


No comments:

Post a Comment