Thursday, January 22, 2015

Where are you?

I have a suggestion for all who are creating a farm site: clearly put your farm's location on your site, and make it obvious to any of your site's visitors.

As a teacher I can't help but "instruct" people. Truthfully, though, I not only teach students how to make good websites, I am also a consumer of the internet, so I know what I'm talking about. I am always searching farm sites for information and photos and ideas, and I cannot tell you how often I stumble upon sites that do not give their geographic location, only a phone number or email address. Is the farm nearby? 'Across the county? 'Across the country?? It seems like a small thing but it's not.

Okay, I'm done with my web design lesson of the day :)

This map isn't really related to this post but I did find it interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment