Monday, January 13, 2014

Kid Reservation

Lake Orchard Farm will hopefully be adding a new goat member this spring. I have officially "reserved" a potential kid from Digging Deeper Farm in Milford, Ohio. 'So exciting!!

I currently have 3 wethers (Salvador, Jasper and Vincent) and and one doe (Elly never freshened so was given to me as a pet) and I would like to ultimately breed a doe or two a year with 4H kids in mind. I am looking out of WNY for breeding stock as I am hoping to bring some "fresh blood" into the area.  Along with good confirmation and great disposition, I am also looking for lots of color, possibly blue eyes, and possibly polled (I hate the dehorning process). I found Digging Deeper Farm on the NDGA site, and instantly like what I both saw and read. After contacting the owner I feel even better, as her feelings toward her animals sounds exactly like mine.

So now the waiting begins. Of course if I take Lynora with me for pick-up then  I will come home with two does :)

~ This is a shot from the breeding page -- Amber and Ozzy are both so beautiful ~

3 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful! How can you pick one over the other... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the momma and daddy - and you can bet their babies are all going to be sweet, too :) May be I have room for two ....

    ReplyDelete