Wednesday, June 12, 2013

1776

The Bicentennial year of 1976 was a fun year for those of us old enough to remember it. Even the ice cream was red, white and blue! 

I remember attending a parade in my village and finding a working camera in a flea market that was set up on the route. The camera cost 25 whole cents, and I still have some of the teeny black and white photos that I took with it. I wish I could remember more about the camera, but I do remember it was small and plastic - and it was all mine. This generation has grown up with instant digital photography so that memory may not seem like a big deal, but I can assure you I thought it was HUGE.

Our house number just happens to be 1776 which we think is pretty great. Happy Birthday, America!

~ last fall when we first put the sign in the ground ~ 
~ last week, the sign surrounded by grasses ~



No comments:

Post a Comment